Want to know how to RESEARCH the company ahead of an INTERVIEW?
1. Visit the company website. Understand the role within the department. Understand the function of the department within the organization. Determine the workplace culture. Recognize the management structure. Assess the company’s global presence. Identify the company’s competitors.
2. Review company financials if available. Review the company’s share price over the past 6 months.
3. Investigate any company social media presence, following, and activity.
4. Search Bloomberg, FT, Wall Street Journal and local mainstream media, for company mentions within the past 6 months.
5. Research the interviewer on LinkedIn and Google. Two related questions asked in interviews are: “What do you know about this company?” “Why do you want to work for this company?”
Why are 1-5 so important? Because they demonstrate that you have real interest in the role and the organization, and it applies to entry-level up to C-Suite candidates.
Be sure to have at least 3 questions that will give YOU insight into the workplace culture. Don’t let your incredible skills and experience be overlooked because you failed to do your “homework!”
Anything to add, please?