Website Cupertino Electric
Position Title: BIM Coordinator
Reports to: Engineering BIM Manager
This BIM Coordination position is responsible for assisting CEI engineering and production/detailing teams in the implementation of BIM Models and VDC methodologies. The Coordinator needs to be knowledgeable about the latest approaches in parametric design to FM delivery and drives the implementation of these technologies on large-scale construction projects. Solid knowledge in electrical engineering design, efficient model management, and content development. This level requires developmental experience in a professional position or equivalent graduate-level education. Receives instructions on specific assignment objectives, complex features, and possible solutions. Assistance is furnished on unusual problems. Work is reviewed for correctness and application of the QA/QC process with professional judgment.
- Decision making a priority. Coordinate and mentor the design process/workflow.
Essential Job Functions:
- Strong Revit knowledge with an emphasis on project development and model management
- Responsible for decision making, direction, and management of project models
- Development and maintenance of project templates and content development
- Ability to troubleshoot Revit issues independently
- High level of written and verbal communication skills
- Provide instruction and act as mentor to entry level team members
- Responsible for decision making, direction, and management of project models. Perform model development as well as lifecycle model maintenance
- Work closely with CEI’s BIM Manager(s) to ensure corporate standardization
- Act as a leader in the use of BIM to increase office wide confidence in Revit/BIM applications
- Provide technical support to team as needed
- Obtain Professional Development and Training
- Thorough understanding of the Engineering department’s design and CAD/BIM workflows
- Conduct BIM specific quality control. Review and validate current procedures
- Thorough Proficient use of Revit, AutoCAD, and file management
- Thorough proficient understanding of fundamental power & lighting systems
- Develop understanding of the various State and National CODES governing our work
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or related field
- 3-5 years experience with a consulting firm (focus on electrical) or design build electrical contractor
- Microsoft Office, Autodesk Revit/AutoCAD/Navis, BIM 360 Suite, ElumTools, Dynamo, C#/Forge
- Good time management, communication and people skills
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
About Cupertino Electric, Inc.
Cupertino Electric, Inc. (CEI) is headquartered in San Jose, Calif. and has provided expert engineering and construction services for a constantly evolving world for 60 years. Its Energy Alternatives Division designs, constructs and manages innovative solar and alternative energy solutions. For more information, visit www.cei.com.