Website California Surveying & Drafting Supply (CSDS)
Providing AEC tools and technology since 1986
Great Benefits. Exciting Precision Technology. Endless Potential.
California Surveying & Drafting Supply (CSDS) is growing! – and we’re looking for a few good candidates to join our Construction Layout
and 3D Technology Scanning sales team. This outside sales position will cover the Greater SF Bay Area. CSDS is the largest and most
respected provider of Spectra Precision and Trimble precision positioning tools, including Robotic Total Stations, 3D Laser Scanners, and
many other positioning tools commonly used in the construction industry. Our customers are some of the largest General Contractors in
the industry, as well as many common Silicon Valley giants like Google, Facebook, Apple and others. If you have a passion for precision
technology and love evangelizing to some of the biggest and best players in the industry, this position may be for you!
The ideal candidate will be able to:
• Comfortably call on, and understand proper protocol on active job sites.
• Make face to face sales calls on active job sites and offices to understand the customers needs, and provide viable solutions to their
layout or 3D scanning needs.
• Proficiently demonstrate use of equipment to prospective and existing customers. Equipment to include Robotic Total
Stations, laser positioning systems and 3D scanners; data collectors and software (field and office) for construction layout professionals.
• Demonstrate familiarity with Trimble or Spectra Precision surveying hardware and software preferred.
• Troubleshoot basic technical support issues and leverage the tools, resources and personnel available to be able to solve problems in a
• Assist with trade shows, conferences and customer seminars.
• Utilize Salesforce CRM, Google Office Suites and various other administrative software platforms as needed.
Education and/or Experience:
All candidates should have a degree from a technical institute or commercial college with an emphasis on surveying, construction
management, civil engineering or related field; or at least two years of technical sales experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience in construction layout hardware and related software. A strong aptitude for sales along with
excellent technical, communication and presentation skills is required. Of equal importance is a candidate who is detail oriented and also
possesses strong sales and business development experience. The successful candidate will be provided in depth training on our solutions
from our in-house training dept and from the manufacturer.
The right candidate will be offered the following:
• A salary commensurate with your experience, plus a generous sales commission.
• Bonus commissions for exceeding sales quota going back to dollar one.
• Monthly and quarterly ‘spiffs’ and bonuses
• Company paid 401K contribution guaranteed
• Vacation pay
• Sick and holiday pay
• Company vehicle or car allowance and gas
• Phone/Computer/demonstration tools
• Full medical and dental insurance
• And more!
California Surveying & Drafting Supply, Inc. (CSDS)
Established in 1986, California Surveying & Drafting Supply, Inc., is the largest provider of geospatial tools, technology and training in the
Western US, and are one of the top 5 largest dealers of Trimble Navigation products in the country. We are highly respected for our
knowledge driven solutions for some of the largest businesses and government agencies throughout California, including CalTrans, PG&E,
USDA, and many others.
With 90 -100 employees company wide, we serve our customers from 3 facilities in northern California (Sacramento, Dublin, Fresno)
as well as sales offices in Southern California. Other products include GPS receivers, commercial drones, mapping & GIS systems and
wide-format printers. CSDS also operates California’s largest real-time network, providing precision positioning with one-centimeter
accuracy for surveying, mapping, engineering, forensics and agricultural applications.
For immediate consideration, please upload your resume and cover letter as instructed.