Finance • Mountain View, CA
Coursera was founded by two computer science professors at Stanford with a vision of providing life-transforming learning experiences to anyone, anywhere. It is the world’s largest online learning platform for higher education. 170 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, and degrees that empower over 35 million learners around the world to achieve their career goals. Over 1,400 companies use the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera is backed by leading venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, New Enterprise Associates, GSV Capital, International Finance Corporation, Laureate Education Inc., and Learn Capital.
The performance and success of any company greatly depends upon how well the company’s finances are managed. The roles and responsibilities of this team include accounting, financial reporting, analysis, planning, budgeting, and compliance. We are problem solvers at heart, and develop creative solutions to resolve accounting and finance challenges that help fuel Coursera’s rapid growth. As our Corporate Controller, you will be responsible for maximizing the return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems. You will also be responsible for helping support Coursera’s international growth and expansion as the worlds leading education platform.
Check out life at Coursera on The Muse!
- Deliver timely and accurate audited financial statements
- Manage audit & tax partners, banking relationships, and internal stakeholders
- Manage consumer, B2B, and degree revenue recognition and partner revenue share
- Maintain and monitor internal controls
- Implement and maintain Accounting and Financial Policies and Procedures
- Manage equity, stock administration, and stock-based compensation
- 15+ years of experience in financial accounting roles
- Experience as a corporate controller of a sizeable public company
- IPO experience strongly preferred
- Experience supporting international growth with knowledge of tax & entity formation
- Outstanding strategic vision, team building, development, and management
- Proactive leadership and keen judgment on accounting and business issues
- Highest levels of integrity and accountability
- CPA with knowledge of GAAP, ASC606, SOX, current trends and developments
- Ability to drive rapid financial system automation & process improvement
- Strong cross-functional collaboration and ability to drive results
- NetSuite experience highly valued
- SEC reporting experience
- Education technology consumer internet, or enterprise SaaS experience a plus
- Strong Excel and data management skills
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
To apply for this job please visit about.coursera.org.