Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
An excellent career opportunity is currently available for an Industrial Electrician located at UOP’s manufacturing facility located in McCook, Illinois. Expertise with instrumentation that measures pressures, flows, levels, and temperatures. You will setup plant instrumentation according to the manufacturer’s instruction and the process requirements. Schedule and perform monthly preventive maintenance. You will troubleshoot complex and uncommon electrical systems and instrumentation up to PLC software. Advise support groups and customers in the selection, layout, and installation of electrical and data communication systems to support continuous operation. You will also work with one-line drawings of high voltage electrical distribution systems, sub-stations, and building transfer systems. You must be capable of lifting up to 50 pounds, work on elevated platforms, climb ladders, and use portable lifts. Must be able to work periodic on-call shifts and work safely at all times.
|Comply with all safety rules|
|Carry out routine and non-routine electrical repairs|
|Troubleshoot technical issues|
|Assist with installation and start-up of new equipment|
YOU MUST HAVE
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3-5 years previous experience in industrial electrical and instrumentation equipment
- Working knowledge of electrical distribution systems such as 3Ø delta and 3Ø wye as well as motor control centers.
- Experience as an Instrument Technician
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Outstanding collaboration and interpersonal skills
- JOB ID: req208472
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 8400 Joliet Rd, McCook, IL 60525-1517 USA