Website UnitedHealth Group
Compassion is the essential trait that drives superior health care performance. But it’s just a start. At OptumCare innovative thinking is just as important. Our unique team of health care providers are an emerging and important part of Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. Our approach is designed to help physicians and other providers deliver the right care at the right time in the right setting. That takes smart ideas and incredible teamwork. And that’s where you come in. In this role, you’ll support a clinical team that’s helping patients in new and better ways while giving them a generous helping of compassion and respect.
- Perform patient care activities to assist physicians and nursing personnel, including procedures, injections, EKGs and phlebotomy
- Show patients to exam rooms according to company standards
- Record patient care documentation in the medical record
- Coordinate patient care as directed by physicians, company standards and policies
- Organize exam and treatment rooms, and sterilize instruments.
- You’ll need to be able to work a flexible schedule in multiple locations, while managing multiple priorities. You’ll find the pace fast and the patient – centered environment inspiring
- High School diploma or GED
- Graduate from an Accredited Medical Assistant program OR 3+ years of military trained medical assistant experience
- Current CPR card OR willing to obtain in 30 days
- 1+ year experience in a primary care office with both front and back office experience
- ICD – 9 and CPT coding experience
- More than one year of related experience in a medical setting
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) language proficiency
OptumCare Medical Group (OCMG) serves the communities within Orange and Los Angeles counties in beautiful Southern California. From pediatric and adolescent medicine, to adult and senior care, we strive to provide a higher level of service through our unique, patient-driven model. At OCMG, we share what might be seen as a surprisingly simple goal: making the health system work better for everyone. We look for people who relentlessly push themselves to go farther. For these high performers, a position on a team at OptumCare is a natural fit. We offer more than the talent, resources and can-do culture—we offer a place to improve the lives of others while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
OptumCare Medical Group is now part of the OptumCare division under the greater UnitedHealth Group umbrella.
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
- Contest Number837641
- Job TitleMedical Assistant – San Clemente, CA – $1,000 Sign on Bonus For External Candidates
- Job FamilyHealthcare Delivery
- Business SegmentOptumCare
Job Location Information
- San Clemente, CA
Additional Job Detail Information
- Employee StatusRegular
- Job LevelIndividual Contributor
- ShiftDay Job
- Telecommuter PositionNo
- Overtime StatusNon-exempt