Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three primary markets – passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and off-highway equipment – Dana provides the world’s original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
The Senior Program Manager reports directly to the Regional Lead Program Manager or Director of Program Management. The Senior Program Manager has the authority to direct and lead resources assigned to support the program but will not necessarily have direct reports. Any personnel issues are to be raised with the appropriate management staff after first attempting to address them directly with the individual’s involved.
Level of Programs:
Senior Program Managers are responsible for High-level programs (new business, high sales, complexity, and sensitivity).
The Senior Program Manager will typically be dedicated full-time to manage one to multiple such programs. They may manage mid-level programs in the absence of High-level work.
Assume responsibility for the life of the program with regards to budget, planning, scheduling, customer satisfaction, and direction of assigned resources from program kick-off through to a successful production launch (i.e. cradle to grave).
- Develop, update and complete Open Issues Timelines, e- Program Books, Program Kick-off Books, Supplier Risk Assessments, Program Risk Management, Capacity Studies, APQP Status Reports, Change Logs, Lessons Learned (TGW), Customer Surveys, EH&S reviews, Customer Milestone Summaries, Launch Status Reports, Stage Gates and other tools, procedures and reports as identified in the template Open Issues Timeline and PM Web Site.
- Forecasting of manpower and resource planning for the life of the program.
- Lead and coordinate multi-disciplinary teams (PLT’s).
- Coordinate and assist in the compilation of the overall program budget including development, manufacturing, testing, and capital costs in preparation of the RFA and Pro-Forma documents.
- Prepare and present the program’s business plan to senior management in preparation for RFA submission.
- Ensure the product is designed to meet Dana’s and the customer’s requirements and mass production manufacturability.
- Responsible for the on-time and on-budget completion of all customer and Dana required deliverables for the program.
- Assist and ensure the proper specification and procurement of capital equipment, tooling, gauging, and test equipment.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of quality documentation including; Process Flow diagrams, PFMEA’s, DFMEA’s, Control Plans, APQP checklists, and Work Instructions.
- Verify that the product measurement systems are properly developed and executed.
- May assist in various job duties of the Product, Manufacturing, and Quality Engineering disciplines to support the team members in completion of critical path tasks and/or workload sharing. This shall not detract from the PM’s main responsibility of directing and coordinating the team.
- Champion regular cross functional Product Launch Team (PLT) meetings to review the program schedule and assign resources to address any open issues.
- Ensure that the adequate resources are assigned to all project tasks. Elevate deficiencies to the appropriate management staff.
- Ensure all team members follow the Purchasing Department (SCMG), APQP, and Process Series Review (PSR) policies and that adequate information is transferred to the vendors so they may in turn quote the scope of the job(s) properly and accurately.
- Identify program risks and establish suitable contingency plans with the team.
- Act as lead customer contact to ensure all their program related inquiries and requirements are addressed.
- Keep track of all costs associated with program including material, processing costs, tooling, gauges, and customer owned tooling for cost recovery where applicable.
- Participate in CARs, root cause analysis, 8D, Seven Step, and 5 Why’s as related to the program.
- Ensure all processes meet required production rates with the planned manpower and OEE targets.
- Assure the timely completion of Engineering trials, production pilots, and PPAP runs with Manufacturing and Engineering.
- Coordinate internal activities and customer approvals to obtain a successful PPAP submission.
- Ensure the plant team’s participation in the development and understanding of the production process so they may successfully maintain the process after launch.
- Maintain effective communication with all disciplines.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to direct several projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfort and enthusiasm with ambiguity and rapid changes.
- Excellent responsiveness and customer focus.
- Must be able to understand the urgency and priorities of situations as they arise and implement appropriate timely response.
- Must be capable of making decisions in high pressure environment.
- Strong project management skills and leadership abilities supporting completion of target deliverables and KPIs.
- Ensures strict compliance to PMO principals necessary to establish sound program plans.
- Proactively ensures that strict scope management is carried out for every active program/project.
- Assertive and self-motivated.
- Demonstrated experience leading a cross-functional team. Fosters teamwork.
- Facilitates problem solving and meetings on assigned tasks as required to address obstacles.
- Solid multi-disciplined background (I.E. engineering, finance, manufacturing, operations, quality).
- Ability to coordinate activities inter-company and with multiple departments such as Engineering, Operations, Accounting, Sales, etc. Confers with functional management, staff and customers to provide programmatic advice, set goals for KPI execution and resolve problems. Demonstrated experience is a must.
- Excellent communication (both written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication (both written and oral) in English and regional native language.
- Proficient in the use of MS Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Capability to become proficient using various database applications (TEAMs, Sharepoint, Sales Force, Oracle, etc.).
- Proficient in the understanding of Engineering drawings, GD&T, and technical specifications.
- Proficient in the understanding of financial documents and reports.
- Working knowledge and fundamental understanding of IATF / TS-16949 standards and the AIAG APQP process.
Experience & Educational Requirements:
- The preference would be that the successful candidate has the following qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree/Diploma in Engineering or related technical field. Preferred education to include electrical, mechanical or electro-mechanical engineering and/or technology.
- Preference given for technical education or demonstrated experience with electro-mechanical systems, automotive or commercial vehicle experience, familiarity with electrical or hybrid driveline systems, high voltage motor or battery systems.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant automotive driveline experience performing program coordination or program management. PMP certification not required but preferred.
- Varied multi-disciplined experience.
- Experience as a customer contact. Proven track record for the professional engagement and interaction with external customers.
- Demonstrated experience in new product development programs, bringing new products and new technologies successfully to market
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.