Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Technical Program Manager (TPM), Data Center Networking, with prior experience in designing, procuring, and deploying data center networking technology in an infrastructure industry/environment supporting commercial/technical procurement and managing network program/project activities for new builds and upgrades to ensure seamless connectivity to new and existing optical infrastructure. The projects will support the Network Engineering organization with overall responsibilities including end-to-end network connectivity between and within Facebook’s global Data Centers (DCs). This is a full-time position based in Denver, CO and will report to the Group Technical Program Manager with synchronous coordination with Network Engineering TPMs in Facebook located in other regions. The TPM will also assist with connecting the data center IP projects and evolution of our data center network designs and implementation.
- Manage cross-functional site infrastructure projects in a matrix organization covering a range of areas (data center, PoP, data center network & backbone network, hardware systems, capacity management).
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Manage dependencies and handoffs effectively and optimize schedules accordingly.
- Build quality control and quality assurance into project plans effectively.
- Ensure that lessons learned are captured comprehensively, acted on and communicated out for each project.
- Ensure consistency across projects, regions globally and alignment with other TPM’s.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Interface with Engineering and business owners for project requirements and scope.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or technical product/program management experience.
- Experience delivering tech programs or products from inception to delivery.
- Knowledge of user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership.
- Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems.
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones.
- Web or Internet start-up environment and technical infrastructure management experience.
- PMP Certification (PMI).
- Experience with managing data center infra projects – such as cable pathways, OSP design, ISP design, MDF/BDF, etc.
- Experience with managing projects related to data center design, hardware design and capacity management.
- Experience in hardware life cycle management.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].