Website S&P Global
You will be responsible for the UX design and development for the S&P Solutions Delivery group. This will include self-directed design and development of engaging user experiences. The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. This individual excels at providing both highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas to a design engagement. The candidate will also have extensive experience in a fast-paced and innovative development environment. A thorough understanding of contemporary user-centered design methodologies is a must.
The Career Opportunity:
This is an opportunity to work within the Solutions Delivery UX team which defines user experience for our platform of analytical applications. You will have the opportunity to work with project teams to help design and develop applications that our teams of analysts use daily to provide credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
The Team / The Business:
S&P Global Solutions Delivery team is a collaborative team that is responsible for the design, development, coordination and implementation of analytical applications throughout S&P Global Ratings.
Photoshop, Sketch, Invision, HTML/CSS.
Our Hiring Manager says:
“This person should be able to design mockups, wireframes, and prototype their solutions. They should be able to back the decisions they’ve made from color choice to layout beyond it’s aesthetic qualities. They should have a strong understanding of designing for usability as well as having strong visual design skills. They’ll be required to work with limited direction and short delivery timelines, and have a track record of excelling in an environment of ambiguity by quickly adapting behavior and work methods to adjust to multiple demands and shifting priorities.”
- Conduct user experience research to understand customer needs, opportunities and pain points to continually inform an iterative design and discovery process
- Develop mockups, user flows, wireframes, and prototypes to effectively communicate and validate designs.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Converting ideas quickly into design artifact.
- Conduct usability review to validate and improve interface designs.
- Stay current on all the tools, principles and practices in user-centered design and development, and drive for continuous improvement.
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability, drawing skills and sketchbook technique.
- 5–7+ years of experience in the field of user experience and interaction design/development. Bachelor’s degree in Human Computer Interaction or related field.
- Experience in software-design
- Experience creating wireframes, visual mockups, graphics, and user workflows. Skills in Sketch, Photoshop and other wire-framing tools are desirable.
- Experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies
- Familiarity with platforms such as Pega, AngularJS, & Liferay
- Experience with cross browser compatibility and performance
- Good understanding of Mobile and responsive design.
- Passion for technology and design, and the drive to stay on top of industry trends and best practices
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: [email protected] and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfdescribes discrimination protections under federal law.