National Sales Leader
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
National Sales Manager
Honeywell Home and Building Technologies helps homeowners stay connected and in control of home comfort, security, fire systems, and air and water purification. We help building owners and occupants ensure their facilities are safe, comfortable, and sustainable. Our products and technologies are installed in more than 150 million homes and 10 million buildings worldwide.
The National Sales Manager has full commercial management responsibility for sales of direct projects & services in the UK and Ireland. In this role you will work closely with the Projects & Service, Network Operations Centre, Energy & Applications Teams to identify, nurture and convert sales opportunities, ensuring sufficient costs are allowed for to ensure quality delivery via regional teams.
You will drive growth in the direct channel and work closely with the Partner Channel Sales Managers to ensure profitable growth whilst minimising channel conflict. You’ll be an advocate of the direct business model, and will develop the necessary internal cross-functional networks to influence the wider business in the pursuit of growth.
The position requires a strong individual with a focused and structured approach to the achievement of targets/goals, and the ability to coach, develop and motivate the team. Working to a business plan you will deliver financial and business results, which reflect the business strategic goals. The National Sales Leader will be someone who is capable of creating opportunities through developing strong long-term relationships with key customers at a Senior level.
As a key member of the Projects & Service Management Team and UK Partner Channel Sales Management Team, you will contribute to the evolution and execution of the business strategy, providing leadership, customer and market insight.
Business Relationships: Use relationships with the customer in favour of local sales strategies; contribute to a multi-brand strategy and its execution to achieve results; responsible for allocation of sales resources; responsible for approving all goals for sales professionals in the UK. Has accountability for the direct sales of projects & services in the assigned area.
Sales Process: Provide national coordination of sales activities and manage resources to maximize results from identified sales opportunities; Develop & maintain UK/I Territory Plan; Ensure approved sales processes are followed and company procedures and systems are effectively deployed in the geographic area; Provide leadership and appropriate sign-off for strategic sales pursuits; implement planning and sales forecasting processes; Monitor and track key sales performance metrics. Work with the regional teams to develop and implement structured, long term customer account plans for key customers.
Customers: Customer value management and pricing: Analysis of market dynamics and value chain proposition to target defined customer sets; Facilitating competitive strategy planning within the team; drive key growth initiatives across the sales team; Develop relationship with existing and potential key customers; Network effectively both internally and externally to develop strong relationships with clients and business contacts.
People Management: Motivate sales people in the geographic area to deliver results; Provide strategic vision to the sales team; Attract, mentor, and develop team members in support of sales excellence; encourage and support learner driven development; responsible for training, coaching and certification of sales skills and processes; Identify strengths and weaknesses of the sales team and build a high performing team;
Achieves results through people; Leads change for the betterment of the team; Embed and drive results from new sales structure & new starters; Provide ongoing performance management to encourage others to continuously improve.
Results: Growth in the form of new customers and new opportunities at new or existing sites; Target orders and margin above set quota in support of Annual Operating Plan; Accurate forecast of orders & growth opportunities.
- Achievement of regional targets (orders, revenue, profitability, pricing, and cash collection)
- Full new orders accountability in the geographic area
- Develop & maintain UK/I Territory Plan, ensuring alignment with Territory Plans of individual sellers
- Ensure the staffing of a sales team that achieves maximum profitability and growth in line with the overall Partner channel vision and strategic objectives
- Recruit, train, coach, appraise, motivate and set standards of job performance for the sales organisation in line with the overall partner channel key deliverables
- Define strategies and initiatives to attain growth in the geographic area Growth in the form of new customers and new opportunities at new or existing sites
- Target orders and margin above set quota in support of Annual Operating Plan
- Deliver regular and accurate forecasting of orders/revenue, fully compliant with required business reporting timescales
- Develop and maintain close senior level relationships with key end users, Key Accounts, Projects/Service customers, selected Partners
- Responsible for sharing of best practices and coordination across the National Sales team
- Manage sales cost and achieve sales productivity goals
- Maximise new business development and demand creation opportunities
- Work with marketing to develop and drive programmes/events in order to extend our face to face, telephone, print and online relationships to both new prospects and existing customers
- Understand potential risk factors and unexpected costs, managing business risk exposure in-line with company risk expectations. Provide early escalation and solutions for potentially serious issues relating to performance, risk and business reputation.
- Full compliance with business CAP process
- Implementation & enforcement of Bid/No Bid process
- Ensure full compliance within the UK/I sales team for company Health and safety, Quality, HR and environmental policies and fully support the on-development of these policies and practices
Key Result areas:
- Achievement of company revenue, growth, pricing, and cash collection targets
- Develop and implement effective strategic sales planning for the UK & I
- Uncover and understand competition strategies and competitive issues/threats, developing innovative sales strategies to combat major competitive/market threats
- Through regular reviews of UK/I sales processes, proactively identify opportunities for sales process improvement to increase effectiveness and efficiency to drive an increase in productivity
- Effective pipeline management & reporting
- Ensure sales pricing policies/discount approval levels are fully adhered to, consistent with delivering long-term profitable margins and in full compliance with finance rules, requirements, and regulations
- Ensure operational consistency across UK/I sales team
- Direct and support the consistent implementation of wider company initiatives.
- Drive healthy and safe working practices across the sales teams
About You :
- Experienced sales professional with proven people management skills and preferably with a working knowledge of the UK/I building management systems industry
- Demonstrable sales management experience, together with an excellent record of achieving targets
- Management qualifications are preferred (but not essential)
- Suitable applicants will ideally have experience of managing remote, plus account & business development management
- An in-depth knowledge of the “go to market” channels is desired (VAR channel, end users, key accounts, Projects/Service and OEM businesses).
- Motivated and enthusiastic individual with the ability to drive through focussed strategic change within an agreed timescales and on budget
- Analytical expertise in understanding complex issues and their consequences.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and can develop good working relationships at all levels in an organisation (internally and externally)
- Proven leadership ability to influence, develop, and empower employees to achieve objectives using team working, with demonstrable success in coaching sales managers engaged in complex sales/pursuits
- Demonstrates strong impact/influencing skills with the ability to gain peer support and cultivate good internal working relationships with other key management personnel
- Exhibits strategic leadership skills that can clearly identify the strengths and weaknesses of their own organisation and mange within these parameters
- Effectively leads and directs resources towards meeting clearly articulated account and geographic growth objectives
- Execute effective negotiation strategies and plans
- Creates a vision utilising industry/market trends to develop new opportunities
- Strong problem solving and decision-making abilities and can work calmly under pressure
- Acts as an approachable business role model, displaying core values of business integrity and strong ethical behaviour
- Generates new and innovative ideas to progress new and improved processes, systems, offerings or services
- Integrate competitive analysis to clearly show present and future competitive threats and opportunities
- Understanding of the assigned geography sales team skills and gaps
- Fully IT literate
- Full UK driving license
- Willing to travel
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
- JOB ID: req198402
- Category: Sales
- Location: St Marks Court, Horsham, WEST SUSSEX RH12 1BW GBR
To apply for this job please visit honeywell.csod.com.