Website California Surveying & Drafting Supply (CSDS)
Great Benefits. Exciting Precision Technology. Endless Potential.
California Surveying & Drafting Supply (CSDS) is growing! – and we’re looking for a few good candidates to join our Survey & GPS sales
team. This outside sales position will cover the Greater SF Bay Area. CSDS is the largest and most respected provider of Trimble and
Spectra Geospatial surveying systems, including Robotic Total Stations, GPS, Laser Scanners, and many other precision tools commonly
used in the surveying and engineering industries. Our customers are some of the largest government and private firms in the region, i
ncluding Caltrans, Psomas, F3 and Lea & Braze. If you have a passion for precision technology and love evangelizing to some of the biggest
and best players in the industry, this position may be for you!
The ideal candidate will be able to:
• Comfortably call on, and understand proper protocol on active job sites.
• Make face to face sales calls on active job sites and offices to understand the customers needs, and provide viable solutions to their
survey and engineering needs.
• Proficiently demonstrate use of equipment to prospective and existing customers. Equipment to include Robotic Total Stations, 3D
scanners, data collectors and software (field and office).
• Possess familiarity with Trimble or Spectra Geospatial surveying hardware and software.
• Troubleshoot basic technical support issues and leverage the tools, resources and personnel available to be able to solve problems in a
• Assist with trade shows, conferences and customer seminars.
• Utilize Salesforce CRM, Google Office Suites and various other administrative software platforms as needed.
Education and/or Experience:
All candidates should have a degree from a technical institute or university with an emphasis on surveying, construction management, civil
engineering or related field; or at least two years of technical sales experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education
and experience in surveying hardware and related software. A strong aptitude for sales along with excellent technical, communication and
presentation skills is required. Of equal importance is a candidate who is detail oriented and also possesses strong sales and business
development experience. The successful candidate will be provided in depth training on our solutions from our in-house training
department and from the manufacturer.
The right candidate will be offered the following:
• A salary commensurate with your experience, plus a generous sales commission.
• Bonus commissions for exceeding sales quota going back to dollar one.
• Monthly and quarterly ‘spiffs’ and bonuses
• Company paid 401K contribution guaranteed
• Vacation pay
• Sick and holiday pay
• Company vehicle or car allowance and gas
• Phone/Computer/demonstration tools
• Full medical and dental insurance
• And more!
California Surveying & Drafting Supply, Inc. (CSDS)
Established in 1986, California Surveying & Drafting Supply, Inc., is the largest provider of geospatial tools, technology and training in
the Western US, and is one of the top 5 largest dealers of Trimble Navigation products in the country. We are highly respected for our
knowledge driven solutions for some of the largest businesses and government agencies throughout California, including CalTrans,
PG&E, USDA, and many others.
With 90 -100 employees company-wide, we serve our customers from 3 facilities in northern California (Sacramento, Dublin, Fresno)
as well as sales offices in Southern California. Other products represented include: Mapping & GIS, Construction layout tools, and
wide-format printers, scanners and copiers. CSDS also operates California’s largest real-time network, providing precision positioning
with one-centimeter accuracy for surveying, mapping, engineering, forensics and agricultural applications.
For immediate consideration, please upload your resume and cover letter as instructed.